A four week series presented by: FRONTLINE (Faithful Central Bible Church)
The concept of “Moving Beyond The Meantime” is to transition one from the mindset of focusing on one single event, like marriage, to their life’s journey and ultimately God’s ordained purpose for their life. When we discover God’s purpose for our lives we open the door to genuine fulfillment. His ordained purpose establishes HIS covenant and enables us to BE who HE has called us to be. God’s covenant reflects His promises for our life. Who you are in covenant with, shapes your destiny.
Summary of Getting Intimate
1. We must know the source that has set us on our path. Knowing our source = power.
2. We must trust our source.
3. We must know who God is, our source. (Character/name)
4. We must bond with our source. (Sacrifice, Relational, Perceptible*)
5. We must be open to intimacy with Him. (Into me see)
6. We must establish the habit of “Intimacy” to grown in relationship. Intimacy = closeness in relationship
*Steps of bonding adapted from Al & Hattie Hollingsworth's Christian Business Ministries; Home of B.O.S.S. The Movement & Vertical Leap
It is through “Intimacy” that our PURPOSE is discovered and revealed. When we are on a journey of purpose, we find fulfillment.
Treasure Chest -- Gems to take away!
The practical how to’s…
- Keep your mind stayed on Him (Isaiah 26:3)
- Be still and know (Psalms 46:10)
- Meditate day and night (Joshua 1:8)
- Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- Worship the Lord (Psalms 29:2)
- Seek Him first (Matthew 6:33)
How do I accomplish this?!
Prayer, worship, praise and meditation
- Prayer – The act of talking to God and casting a spiritual vote
- Worship – Reverence offered to a divine being. Extravagant respect and devotion offered to a divine being, object, or thing.
- Meditate – Quite time of reflection, to engage in thought or contemplation
- Praise – The act of expressing
admiration and gratitude in word or in song
Week 2: February 10, 2012
Evaluate what brings you FULFILLMENT?! Let’s look at what it means to be FULFILLED.
Fulfillment (Fulfilled) defined: Contentment, gratification. An accomplishment or achievement
Contentment defined: Comfort, happiness. Fulfillment, gladness, gratification, peace, pleasure, satisfaction, serenity (Philippians 4:11)
Week 3: February 17, 2012
A Crooked Road!
Evaluate what has thrown you off course?!
Treasure Chest: Gems
What have we gleaned and/or learned?!
- Abilities are Key: The master divided the money among his servants according to their abilities. (v. 15)
- We are able in HIM: NO one received more or less than he could handle. WE never receive more or less than we can handle. (v. 15)
- Invest wisely: God gives us time, gifts and other resources according to our abilities with the expectation that we will invest them wisely, until… (v. 15)
- Be Responsible: We are responsible to use well what God has given us. (v. 15)
- Be Diligent: We are to use our time, talents and treasures diligently in order to serve God completely in whatever we do. (v. 21)
- Take Risk: We can’t play it safe. (v. 24-30)
- NO murmuring and complaining (MCing): We must not make excuses to avoid doing what God calls us to do. (v. 24-30)
- Submit: If God truly is our Master, we must obey willingly. (v. 24-30)
- Understand: Our time, abilities, and money aren't ours in the first place – we are caretakers, not owners. (v. 24-30)
- Know YOUR Attitude: We must have a heart for the Kingdom, be diligent, faithful and fruitful. (v. 29, 30)
How do I get back on track?! Refer to practical steps from “Getting Intimate!”
In session four in our series we are going to splash in the deep end of the pool on our journey for our final session in the series of “Moving Beyond The Meantime” as we examine: The Law of Attraction!